TheLongTalk’s NBA Preseason Predictions
With #12 doing an NFL Preseason Prognostication, TheLongTalk felt he was required to do the same for the NBA. So here are TLT’s NBA 2010-2011 Predictions.
- Eastern Conference
1. Miami – Easy pick considering LeBron was #1 last season without Wade or Bosh
2. Orlando – They’ll try for awhile and then give up on #1 and settle in
3. Chicago – If Boozer can stay healthy, which is a big IF
4. Boston – But only because of seeding requirements for Division Winners
5. New York – TLT expects something BIG to happen in the Big Apple
6. Atlanta – Same team that took #3 last year, stiffer competition this year
7. Milwaukee – Centers getting healthy and PG is due for a sophomore injury
8. Philadelphia – Just barely getting by Charlotte and Indy
Missing The Cut –
The East will be hard to watch with 3 teams playing hard and everyone else on auto-pilot. But expect a late season scramble with Washington, Philly, Charlotte, and Indy all finding themselves in striking distance of the 7th and 8th spots.
- Western Conference
1. Dallas – A solid team that will take advantage of LA’s restful attitude
2. Utah – Jerry Sloan teams are always good and they should win their Division
3. Lakers – They can’t prove anything by winning the regular season
4. San An – TLT expects a tight season out of this young team
5. Oklahoma – Kevin Durant is no longer under anyone’s radar
6. Portland – If they can stay healthy and that’s a big IF
7. Phoenix – Rumors of The Suns demise have been greatly exaggerated
8. Houston – With a healthy Yao and a distracted, possibly traded Anthony
Sorry, But Try Again Next Year –
14. Golden State
The West will be wild with OK making a push and LA relaxing and resting for a deep Playoff run. TheLongTalk expects Anthony to be moved around the trade deadline and for San An’s fresh legs to make a HUGE difference.
- Playoff Predictions
It’s so early and so much can happen with trades, injuries, etc… but here’s how TheLongTalk thinks it’ll shake out.
- East Coast
Miami to the Eastern Conference finals, eliminating the Celtics easily in the Second Round. Orlando has a bit more trouble, showing some Fear for the Deer in Round 1, but ultimately winning in 6 and taking down Chi-Town in 7.
Winner: Miami over Orlando in 6
- West Coast
The Spurs break ABC and the NBA’s hearts by bouncing the new golden child in Round 1. Then they take out Houston who just upset the #1 seeded Mavericks who become infamous for losing to an 8th seeded team… TWICE. Lakers take out Portland 4-0, then hand Utah a 4-1 series lose.
Winner: Lakers over Spurs in 6
- NBA Championship
With a little help from his friends Dwayne and Chris, and a whole lot of help from the referees, The King gets his crown… but he does it with Kobe on the sidelines nursing a “bad” knee.
Miami over LA in 6
So there’s your run down for 2010-2011 for the NBA, try to look surprised when it happens exactly like TheLongTalk said it would.
See you in a 100 or so games,