This might be crazy, but what about this for a Melo solution… http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4zusvzf
The Upside -
– Anthony lands close to New York, for his families sake and his wives career, while instantly becoming the hottest thing to hit Philly since Iverson.
– The 76ers step into line behind Boston, Orlando, Miami, Chicago, and New York at the top of the East
– Denver replaces Anthony with Jamison, who deserves a life line, and Turner, who is young enough to build a mini-rebuild around. Denver can’t save the next 3 years if they lose Anthony, but they don’t have to become Cleveland West.
– Cleveland gets Iggy and Harrington, two guys that can put up numbers and might excite the Ohio fans while they wait for Contraction to take down their team.
The Down Side -
– Anthony is alone, except Brand, for the next couple years until Paul can join him in the city of brotherly love.
– Denver doesn’t get anything super flashy in return for Anthony or a lot of wiggle room. They might even stay good enough to lose out on high lottery picks.
– Cleveland gets better… no downside, except the possibility that Harrington causes problems in the locker room.
– Jamison doesn’t move to a contender, but at least he’s out of Cleveland in time to avoid being on the worst team in NBA history.
So has TheLongTalk figured this thing out or what? New York, New Jersey, blah… Philly electric. Melo would light up the city.
Probably just day dreaming,